The Information Systems Security Association (ISSA)
The pre-eminent trusted global information security community.
The Information Systems Security Association (ISSA)® is a not-for-profit, international organization of information security professionals and practitioners. It provides educational forums, publications, and peer interaction opportunities that enhance the knowledge, skill, and professional growth of its members.
The primary goal of the ISSA is to promote management practices that will ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information resources. The ISSA facilitates interaction and education to create a more successful environment for global information systems security and for the professionals involved. Members include practitioners at all levels of the security field in a broad range of industries such as communications, education, healthcare, manufacturing, financial, and government.
ISSA is dedicated to providing the following services to the information security community
- Promote the education and expand the knowledge and skills of its members in the interrelated fields of information systems security and information data processing
- Encourage a free exchange of information security techniques, approaches, and problem solving by its members
- Provide communication to keep members abreast of current events in information processing and security, providing benefits to them and their employers
- Communicate to management, and to systems and information processing professionals the importance of establishing controls necessary to ensure the secure organization and utilization of information processing resources
- Organize and provide international conferences, local chapter meetings and seminars that offer educational programs, training and valuable networking opportunities
- Provide access to information through the ISSA website as well as online E-Newsletters and in the monthly ISSA Journal
- Promote networking and collaboration in a trusted community through ISSA Connect, an online members only professional networking site
- Earn CPE credits by attending chapter meetings, ISSA Web Conferences, subscribing to the ISSA Journal or serving as a chapter or international council leader
- Offer opportunities for members to volunteer by joining committees, which provide leadership opportunities in the security industry
- Enhance professional stature and advance the profession by sharing your expertise as a event speaker or contributor to the ISSA Journal